Posted on: 13 July 2015
If you love the way your favorite seafood restaurant prepares shrimp, lobster and other dishes, make them at home. You can prepare healthy seafood dishes seasoned with garlic and ginger right in your kitchen. All you need are a few ingredients, including a pack of cherry tomatoes, a jar of pre-cooked artichoke hearts and raw green onions. Here's what you do.
Prepare Your Fresh Ingredients
Garlic shrimp is one dish you may make for lunch or dinner. You'll need to gather the ingredients mentioned above, as well as two cups of jasmine rice, one bottle of sesame seed oil and one bottle of soy sauce.
Be sure to grate 3 tablespoons of fresh ginger and 1 clove of garlic in a bowl. Dice or cut your green onions,
Prepare Your Garlic Shrimp Dish
Now, here's how you put everything together:
- Prepare your rice in a rice cooker. Follow the instructions on the bag for easier preparation. Remove the rice as soon as it's finished to avoid overcooking it.
- Clean, peel and wash 1 pound of medium to large shrimp in cold water.
- Preheat a wok or nonstick skillet on medium heat,
then coatthe surfaces with 1-2 teaspoons of sesame seed oil.
- Add your shrimp, green onions and
romatomatoes. Sprinkle pieces of artichoke into the ingredients.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the contents, then stir everything together with a plastic spatula until the shrimp cooks through.
- Remove the items from the wok or skillet, then place them in a serving bowl.
- Place rice in the center of your dinner plates, and then have your guests place the shrimp and other ingredients over their rice.
- Sprinkle soy sauce over the dish for more flavor.
You can add broccoli, carrots or other types of vegetables to your ingredients during step four. Scallops and imitation crab meat may replace your shrimp, or you may choose to add them to the dish to make a full meal.
You can avoid overcooking your hard vegetables by constantly stirring everything in the skillet or wok. You want your vegetables to stay crispy when you serve your guests.
This is just one easy dish you can enjoy at home. For a delicious variety of dishes, visit your local seafood restaurant. To learn more about seafood, speak with a business like Tin Top Restaurant & Oyster Bar.Share